From bloggers to journalists — AMBUCS invites you to keep up with our ongoing efforts to create mobility and independence for people with disabilities. Here are a few ways to learn more about our great organization and help publicize our efforts:
Just a little bit about us...
- The AmTryke is a therapeutic tricycle that can be hand and/or foot operated and helps to improve a rider’s muscle strength, motor coordination and self esteem.
- Often, individuals who are unable to ride a traditional bike can experience the joy and freedom of riding an AmTryke.
- Every kid needs a bike. It’s a rite of passage. Our riders can be just like other kids – out in the neighborhood riding an AmTryke with their friends and family.
- AmTryke is about abilities, not disabilities.
- AmTryke bikes give the rider a sense of support and balanced on a trike platform.
- The AmTryke program is about improving health and fitness. Giving riders a new form of exercise increases their fitness level which can in turn benefit their overall health.
- With a new AmTryke, our riders are be able to gain independence and feel the joy of riding.
- Even children with very involved disabilities can benefit from an AmTryke when used under the direction of a therapist and caring family.
- We partner with physical and occupational therapists to evaluate riders for the AmTryke program. Therapists help us by making sure trike placements are safe and effective. They help us by fitting and choosing the size and type of the trikes as well as the adapted parts each rider needs. They also help teach parents and caregivers about using the trikes effectively.
- AMBUCS is a grassroots public charity with more than 5,500 AMBUCS™ members spread throughout more than 130 chapters in over 30 states – and growing!
- Each chapter is dedicated to serving a local area. They fundraise and focus on the mission: creating mobility and independence for people with disabilities. Their niche is to provide small, meaningful projects that go unfunded by government or insurance, such as the AmTryke therapeutic tricycle program or ramp building to make homes accessible.
Thank you for your interest in AMBUCS. If you have questions that cannot be answered through the virtual Media Center, please contact our Director of Marketing and Communications for further information: Marianna Bryce, (800) 838-1845, firstname.lastname@example.org