Branding Time 2012
Membership recruitment is probably the biggest struggle for all chapters. How do you motivate members to recruit? How do you keep it fun and interesting? How do you identify potential members AND get them to visit with your chapter? Although there may not be any magic formula to make this possible, AMBUCS does conduct two national membership campaigns that can help: Branding Time and Spring Round Up.
In the fall months chapters begin to pick up their activity in programs and socials. This has proven to be an excellent time to bring in new members as it helps involve them more easily into chapter activities. As result, Branding Time was developed as a way to encourage chapters across the nation to recruit at least 5 new members between October 1 - November 30. Reaching that goal means becoming a Top Spread Chapter and earning scorecard points.
Branding Time Scorecard Point Breakdown
- Chapter Points
- Each new member = 2pts
- Top Spread Chapter = 20pts
- Recruited at least 5 New Members
- Recognized on the 2nd quarter Blue Chip Report, signified with “TS” beside the Chapter’s name
- Reporting Your Contest = 20pts
- That's Right! Just letting us know you held a Branding Time Contest earns points, regardless of how many new members are actually recruited.
- Individual Recognition
- Spur Pin for each new member recruited, recognized at chapter meeting
- Branding Iron Pin for each 3rd new member, recognized at chapter meeting & on www.ambucs.org = 20pts for chapter
**Keep in mind that these recognition pins are awarded to any AMBUCS member, not just Big Hatters. Once a member is able to recruit 3 new members and earn a Big Hat, but the purpose of Branding Time is not to grow the Big Hat Club (though it does help!), but rather to encourage your chapter to recruit and bring more people in on the fun of AMBUCS!
So how can your chapter participate in this year's Branding Time? Hold a membership contest. It's that easy!
Click Here For Contest Ideas
We’ve complied some of the most creative Branding Time contest ideas that AMBUCS Chapters have held over the years. Read these over, as you never know... you might be able to improve on their success and come up with the next great idea to make your Chapter a Branding Time success story.
Click Here to view the 2011 Branding Time Winners List
This list acknowledges last year’s Top Spread Chapters as well as individual members who recruited at least 3 new members and received Branding Irons.
As you plan your chapter's contest, here are a couple things to remember:
- Keep it simple. Don’t make the contest too confusing. If people don’t understand how to play the game, they probably won’t play.
- Make it fun! Making the contest fun will encourage your chapter members to participate as well as show the guests they are bringing that this would be a fun way to help their community.
- Prizes & Incentives. EVERYONE loves winning & getting free stuff! So pick out items that will keep participants interested.
- Recognize & Celebrate Success. At each Chapter meeting, acknowledge those who brought guests and give updates on everyone’s progress.
Does your chapter have a great Branding Time contest idea? We'd love to hear about it!
Contact Dannell Copeland with the details - email@example.com / (800) 838-1845